Kim Kirchherr, MS, RD, LDN, CDE, FAND
You could say I grew up a little country and a little rock and roll.
Mom grew up on a farm in Wisconsin. Dad is from Chicago. My maternal grandfather was a dairy farmer and Percheron (draft horse) man, and my paternal great grandfather had horse drawn coal and milk routes in the city, so I’m one of the lucky 2% with ties to agriculture. What I know isn’t just from school. I grew up learning and living it, and authenticity and the ability to connect dots is essential in the complexities of living and working to the best of one’s ability. That’s why it’s fun (for both of us!) for me to help you, too.
When it comes to food, nutrition, and agriculture, what’s important to you?
The conversation about food, nutrition, and agriculture just keeps getting bigger. People want to feel good about making choices that they know impact us, animals, and the planet overall. Trust is crucial. Authenticity is needed. People want experiences and inspiration. That’s where I come in, helping to connect the dots from farm to fork and get to the “why” and the “how” to help make sense of the “what”.
Fitness Center. Hospital. Supermarket. Business. Farm. Online and in person. My intentional career choices helped shape my approach, thinking, and network. I like people. I like to eat. I like to be healthy, and I like to have fun. Just like you and your network of people do. This is personal for me, too.
Knowing and doing are two different things – remember that phrase? Information is only fun if it’s relevant and actionable. Don’t waste your story by forgetting to include the action part.
One of the biggest challenges we face is to think and work differently in health and wellbeing. Change is complex. You don’t have to be against something to be for something else. I can help with this.
If you like to and/or want to think differently and explore all possibilities for maximizing impact and positive action too, let’s talk.
Thanks for visiting.
Kim Kirchherr. MS, RD, LDN, CDE, FAND
Registered, Licensed (state of IL) Dietitian
Certified Diabetes Educator
Fellow of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Hungry for more? Here are a few more nuggets about me:
- IGA Health & Wellbeing Advisor – http://www.igabetterchoices.com
- Consumer Goods Forum Health & Wellness Steering Committee Member
- Chair of the FCP DPG for 2017-18 (Food & Culinary Professionals Dietetic Practice Group)
- Served as the first Chair of the FCP DPG Agriculture Subgroup (2014-2016) and created a virtual library of farm tours
- Past President of Illinois Dietetic Association (now Illinois Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics)
- Past Supermarket subgroup Chair of the Food and Culinary Professionals Dietetic Practice Group
- Past President of the North Suburban Dietetic Association
- Past honors include receiving the Jewel-Osco Excellence Award; being named Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year in 2006, and chosen as Outstanding Dietitian of the Year in 2011 by the American Dietetic Association/Illinois Dietetic Association. Amongst the national leaders of the American Dietetic Association who were selected to attend ADA’s Leadership Institute in June 2009 and June 2011. The Institute was limited to fewer than 300 of ADA’s 70,000+ members.
The content shared here is for informational/educational purposes and should not take the place of appropriate medical care. The thoughts I share here are my own.
Please note: visuals are either pictures I’ve taken myself or taken by others, and some were discovered online – you can visit my Pinterest boards to learn more about some of the things posted here as well as other inspiration. Credit provided in the captioning portion regarding visuals. Send me a note if you want more details.