You could say I grew up a little country and a little rock and roll.
Mom grew up on a farm in Wisconsin. Dad is from Chicago. My maternal grandfather was a Wisconsin dairy farmer and Percheron (draft horse) man, and my paternal great grandfather had horse drawn coal and milk routes in Chicago, so I’m one of the lucky 2% with direct ties to agriculture.
Authenticity and the ability to connect dots is essential in the complexities of navigating Farm to Table conversations. What I know isn’t just from school. I grew up living it.
Fitness Center. Hospital. Supermarket. Business. Farm. Online and in person. In addition to personal interest in helping people (and myself!) in these areas, my intentional career choices help shape my approach, thinking, and network to maximize results.
The conversation about food, nutrition, and agriculture just keeps getting bigger. People want to feel good about making choices that they know impact us, animals, and the planet overall. Trust is crucial. Authenticity is needed. People want experiences and inspiration. That’s where I come in, helping to connect the dots from farm to fork and get to the “why” and the “how” to help make sense of the “what”.
Explore Unique Possibilities for Maximizing Results.
Thanks for visiting.
Kim Kirchherr. MS, RD, LDN, CDE, FAND, ACSM-CPT
Registered, Licensed (state of IL) Dietitian
Certified Diabetes Educator
Fellow of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
ACSM Certified Personal Trainer and Member
Hungry for more? Here are a few more nuggets about me:
- IGA Health & Wellbeing Advisor – Better Choices website
- Consumer Goods Forum Health & Wellness Steering Committee Member
- FCP DPG Chair, 2017-18 (Food & Culinary Professionals Dietetic Practice Group)
- Served as the first Chair of the FCP DPG Agriculture Subgroup (2014-2016) and created a virtual library of farm tours
- Past President of Illinois Dietetic Association (now Illinois Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics)
- Past Supermarket subgroup Chair of the Food and Culinary Professionals Dietetic Practice Group
- Past President of the North Suburban Dietetic Association
- Past honors include receiving the Jewel-Osco Excellence Award; being named Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year in 2006, and chosen as Outstanding Dietitian of the Year in 2011 by the American Dietetic Association/Illinois Dietetic Association. Amongst the national leaders of the American Dietetic Association who were selected to attend ADA’s Leadership Institute in June 2009 and June 2011. The Institute was limited to fewer than 300 of ADA’s 70,000+ members.
The content shared here is for informational/educational purposes and should not take the place of appropriate medical care. The thoughts I share here are my own.
Please note: Visuals are a mix of pictures from appearances, some I’ve taken, and/or selected from other photographers to mesh with the blogs and information. Visit my Pinterest boards for more visual inspiration. Please send me a note for more details.